Friday, April 27, 2007

Weapons & Hunting

ARROWHEAD - The pointed tip of an arrow. If the means of propulsion cannot
with certainty be identified as a bow, the term projectile point is more
properly used. Arrowheads are sometimes mistakenly referred to as "birdpoints"
by native American artifact collectors. Larger points used for spears and
knives are often mistakenly referred to as arrowheads. Typically 1.5" or
shorter in length, .5" or less in width for flint arrowheads. BIRDPOINT - Collector slang for arrow point. A fallacy caused from the belief
that small arrow points were used only for the taking of small game due to their small size.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool information on the arrowheads.
Thanks for posting!

--Bear from Music-Universe.org

Dave said...

Hi there. I have been trying to find an arrowhead for so long now, and I was hoping that you could help me. I live in Kamloops and have been looking along the banks of the South Thompson river. I've heard that arrowheads can be found there, but there are always so many footprints along the river. So I think the chances of finding one there is very remote. I was hoping that you could give me some advice on where and how to look for arrowheads in the Kamloops area. Thanks so much and I look forward to your reply.

Dave

BLASe said...

Hi Dave, I am sorry I didn't answer you right away. please email me at bccottonwoodbark@hotmail.com and I will get back to you a.s.a.p with an answer from Terry. I have gone out many times with Terry looking for artifacts. He really has an eye for them and I sure do not! He finds something everytime and I do not! He always has his head down looking. He is working right now and stays in camp all week but as soon as he is home, I will get him to contact you if you have emailed me.
Thank you.
Lesly

Google
 

Terry's Hobby

My husband Terry spends hours during his time off of work; wandering around the outdoors picking up ancient rocks, tools, arrowheads and such. He's found these spread from Kamloops to Smithers, BC. I decided I had to do something with these things that take up a whole room in our house. What better way is there to put them on display, than to show all his discoveries to the world via internet?


Visitors